• Yes

Votes: 25 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 154 73.7%
  • Almost...but it was recovered.

Votes: 30 14.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never had a mask come completely off my face (except when it is randomly removed from my face during a few training dives by another diver :D), but it has been dislodged. In which case I just put it back in its proper place, clear, and continue.

My husband kicked mine completely off my face, and I dive with contacts in... so it wasn't like I could open my eyes and find it. Thank God he did. Because I would have been really upset, it was only my second dive with a new mask.

First cold water dive, with a hired local guide and rental gear. My shoulders and most BC shoulder valves don't play nicely together, and this BC didn't have any other dump valves. While wrestling to dump air, I managed to knock my mask off. The local guide retrieved it for me, I put it back on, cleared it, and we finished the dive.

Returned the favor recently by retrieving one recently - the guide on my last Coz trip knocked his mask off his forehead before the dive started and I retrieved it for him from about 8' down.

(I also have my own gear now - so no more wrestling :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom