Have you ever used scuba equipment you absolutely hated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never used a air 2, never will a small amount of common sense tells you they are horrible in a real world situation if the other is panicked, which is likely.
i have seen multiple posts that say that with proper training and predive meetings, this can be avoided.

i have seen multiple posts that say that with proper training and predive meetings, this can be avoided.

From people that have never been in the situation I know a someone that have had one, first real world situation and it was gone.

Never used a air 2, never will a small amount of common sense tells you they are horrible in a real world situation if the other is panicked, which is likely.

Do you really think a panicked diver, out of air, is going to look for an octo? I like knowing exactly where my inline inflator/octo is (not dislodged from BCD holder). I recently increased the primary hose length to help with a primary donate.

And now your breathing from the same thing you use to control your bouyancy the panicked person's bouyancy and trying to control the panicked diver, I'll take my necklace much easier for everyone

And now your breathing from the same thing you use to control your bouyancy the panicked person's bouyancy and trying to control the panicked diver, I'll take my necklace much easier for everyone

Yup! I know how to breath through a mouthpiece and not push a button at the same time. It's not that hard.

Reactions: BRT
It seems I dislike the waterproof ultima enough that I just ordered another RoLock system for my second suit.

i really hate the fusion dry suit, didnt work at all for me

Do you really think a panicked diver, out of air, is going to look for an octo?

Yes.

My only serious diving incident was with a BSAC Sports Leader buddy I had done many dives with. We were mid dive when his tie came off his mouth piece he exhaled and the regulator came out and he and he sucked in water. He tried for his octopus and when could not locate it tried sweeping for his octopus but still couldn't find it. We were at 30m depth and he was in a panic and climbed onto my back and took my secondary. Even though his tank had air he was OOA. He also managed to tip us into an inverted position where we went even deeper. So from OOA to panic to hyperventilating to being inverted to being in a fast drift dive sinking into the depths into deco for a few minutes.

Quite an adventure really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom