Have you seen this snorkel New gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neat idea but I'm not liking how you need to be on-land to use the pump, or have a tank available to refill it. Would be nice if you were swimming off a boat and could toss it up for someone to refill, but they would have such a market if a small hand pump that you could carry on you could be used when at the surface of the water to refill the air chamber. Nonetheless it's a great new idea... Something I would have never thought of!

I see this thing causing more deaths than dives.

BUT, to point out a couple issues, their claim for 4 Breaths means nothing. How big are their breaths? I guarantee they have marketed it using small small breaths trying maximize the number of breaths therefore increasing its value on the market. I bet you would be luck to get 2 breaths. Those are also breaths on the surface, not at depth.

I just see this ending badly.

I smell spam as this is the very first post by this person.

But someone went to a lot of effort to create a Facebook page, which is very real from the looks of it. So the post to introduce SB to it may be SPAM (or may not be), but I fear that somebody may feel that a product such as this is a good thing to try to manufacture and sell. Maybe the FB page is complete BS (hopefully) but if not, it will not end well.

I'd rather buy & use a tiny pony.

Can you buy a working version of this? Or something similar?

Mini Rebreather other replicas movie props from James Bond: Thunderball (1965)
Mini-Rebreather.jpg

Would be handy for retrieving things in semi shallow water. Sunglasses, fishing lures.

I'm not a believer (yet)
But I would give it a go,IF you sent me one to test.
My (Dutch)contact info is in my sigline.
I'll try, but burn it to the ground if it doesn't work.(or find it dangerous)
On the otherhand I'll paise it IF it does.

Where is the air gauge you can see at all times. It says it is like number 5. when I have a snorkel in my mouth, I can never see the snorkel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom