Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did have some aches and fatigue after my second shot. Again, I'm not sure yet what I got, but if that was it, it was entirely bearable.

If you are not too susceptible to placebo effects, you probably got the real deal. Let me know if you grow another appendage.

Red tape is a bureaucratic measure like filling in 4 forms to get a new device for testing. It is not part of a scientific method. It delays a process. It does not impact the method.

Some of "red tape" is years of trials rather than a few months. Yes there are forms involved, but it's not the paper that's being circumvented, it's the normal testing and safety steps that are.

@Wookie get well soon

I've had several tests since the end of July and all but one negative. The "false positive" test was probably due to one of several reasons such as contamination from a positive sample or poor handling of the sample.

At the time I had another health issue going on totally unrelated to any respiratory disease.

@Wookie get well soon

I've had several tests since the end of July and all but one negative. The "false positive" test was probably due to one of several reasons such as contamination from a positive sample or poor handling of the sample.

At the time I had another health issue going on totally unrelated to any respiratory disease.

Was the false positive a PCR test or rapid?

@Wookie, I hope that you get well soon. Were there safety measures in place to "prevent" someone from boarding with COVID-19?

I have had a friend pass from it and have three aquaintances die from it. Several friends have tested positive and/or had mild sypmtoms. I am doing everything that I can to avoid it, but I do have to work on-site so I have some level of daily exposure to the public or people that I know are not being as careful as I am. I was exposed at work and had to stay home until I tested negative.

I am a well-controlled type 2 diabetic and work as a dive safety officer and this disease is very concerning from both of those perspectives. I hope that I can have some choice of vaccine when I am finally able to get it.

Some of "red tape" is years of trials rather than a few months. Yes there are forms involved, but it's not the paper that's being circumvented, it's the normal testing and safety steps that are.
I can only attest to countries that adhere to European Medicines Agency approval, but here we are cutting around 300 (working) days of paper pushing. In the normal process paper work is handed in only after phase 3 is completed. In the case of BioNTechs (and others) vaccines, the invoked a process called rolling review, where they evaluate data as it comes in. Combined with more man power, longer working hours and no weekends the EMA has arrived at a point where they can recommend a CMA. One part that is skipped though is the requirement to have all paper work completed in 13 languages :).

Senior citizen here: positive PCR in September. One night of 100 degree fever. Mild symptoms: muscle ache, low energy, no appetite. One night mild headache and loss of sense of smell. Rapid recovery. Negative PCR after 14 days. Positive antibody test 30 days later. I used home pulse oximeter daily. O2 usually 95%

no idea where/how I got it. Always social distancing, never in store or restaurants...no one I know had it and none of my infrequent contacts tested positive after I got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom