HEAD of the class ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
just wanted to know from any HEAD SPORTS type person (employee, sales rep, VP ) if they plan to be at DEMA this year ...... if not .... WHY ??????? I really miss our discussions on diving and the changes you see in the future for the Dacor and Mares lines of equipment ... lots of questions about what's going on and no answers so far ...

scubapro50:
just wanted to know from any HEAD SPORTS type person (employee, sales rep, VP ) if they plan to be at DEMA this year ...... if not .... WHY ??????? I really miss our discussions on diving and the changes you see in the future for the Dacor and Mares lines of equipment ... lots of questions about what's going on and no answers so far ...

Dan;
The Mares rep tells me it cost them several hundred thousand to be at DEMA. They think the money is better spent elsewhere. The last DEMA was pretty much a travel show. Can't blame the majors for not attending. I heard one friend of mine who had the smallest booth available state it cost him $1800/day. Not enough return on the money. Plus, there will be another show in Jan. in Vegas. DEMA's lock may be broken.
I've enjoyed DEMA for years, but it was BORING last year.
Bill

There will be no diving show in January, they cancelled that one Divebiz 2006. Mares/Dacor has not participated in the last few years. I would contact your local LDS and get them to set up an informative meeting with the local salesrep if you have a few questions. We have had several meetings at my shop with the local reps. They are always willing to stop by and answer some questions. Believe me we put them on the hot seat to!

Mares WILL be at this year's DEMA in Orlando Florida. I just heard this from Zak OHara a few minutes ago.

Well everyone,

It is confirmed. Mares will be participating at the 2006 DEMA show in Orlando. We look forward to returning, and sharing our excitement with our dealers and professionals in our great sport. I personally am looking forward to the show. It is a great opportunity for me to see many people in a short period of time in one place. Particularly those that live in remote places that make travel or frequency of travel difficult. We look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom