Headaches after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW thanks for all the posts. I will check out those articles. To answer some of your questions. I know I don't breath shallow but I do breath differently when diving. I tend to breath in slow and long, and exhale completely...also slow and long.

Someone asked where I got the headaches....right at the top and in the middle of my head. They're not crippling, but very annoying. On my first dive weekend this year, they were all shallow dives (30 feet), and I didn't get a headache. On my second dive weekend this year, I got a headache each day after the second dive. The first dive was deep (100 feet) and the second dive was shallow (25 feet).

I'm very careful about my ascent and my deco stops.

I'm also a runner so I am drinking water constantly. I very rarely drink anything but.

So...I'm definately going to pay attention to my breathing next time, and I might even buy one of those Sea Cure mouthpieces.

Thanks for all the advise everyone!

I get dull headaches too, but I think it has to do with neck tension from not being used to carrying 80lbs on my back.

kelster:
So...I'm definately going to pay attention to my breathing next time, and I might even buy one of those Sea Cure mouthpieces.

I'd recommend that even if it doesn't cure your headache problem since they help with jaw fatigue as well.

I used to get headaches and they went away basically at the time I got my own reg and put a Seacure on it. I can't say for sure that that's what it was, but it is "suspicious."

kelster:
Someone asked where I got the headaches....right at the top and in the middle of my head. They're not crippling, but very annoying.

Middle = middle inside your head? or middle = your head/your scalp right above your ear that travels up the outside of your head? If its the latter, the mouthpiece might be part of the problem - could be the result of clenching your jaw throughout the dive (trust me that'll give you a monster headache:( )

Yes you're right, Bob3, all good answers. Which means that it's going to be harder to pin point exactly what it is...no definate reason.

Just going to go through the suggestions one at a time and do a process of elimination!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom