Headaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teckhead

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all , i have been diving for 17 yrs now , and lately i been having headaches after the dives ,when i start the dive acending , all is fine, and durring the dive also fine , it,s only when i finish my dive i do get a headache and sometime i do vomit!
i tend to breath normal ,that is , slow long easy breaths, the headaches are on the forehead (between temples) normaly after i vormit and 30 min later i,m fine,
SO WHAT IS GOING WRONG!
i,m worried because i,m doing long deco dives now and don't what headaches on deco dives, any suggestions ,
thanks for your time and infor.
tony.

Hay Tony,

Sounds like it could be a Co2 headache. I get them every now and then myself. I've become so comfortable in the water that I slow my breathing rate down so far that it hampers Co2 elimination, something like skip breathing, causing headaches. I have to make a conscious effort to increase my breathing rate and that always cures the headaches. Try breathing a little faster and see if that helps.

Just my 2 cents.

It sounds like a CO2 headache. I've also shared the same problem; lots of dives, very relaxed in the water, and not concentrating on fully inhaling and exhaling as I used to. You might also want to review an article in the recent "Dive Training" or "DAN" (can't remember which), which discusses the causes and remedys of headaches. They do a pretty good job of describing the different types. They say that a "forehead" headache might also be due to a too tight mask. Since you're an experienced diver I initially discounted this, but have you recently gotten a new mask/new mask straps?

MyDiveLog:
It sounds like a CO2 headache. I've also shared the same problem; lots of dives, very relaxed in the water, and not concentrating on fully inhaling and exhaling as I used to. You might also want to review an article in the recent "Dive Training" or "DAN" (can't remember which), which discusses the causes and remedys of headaches. They do a pretty good job of describing the different types. They say that a "forehead" headache might also be due to a too tight mask. Since you're an experienced diver I initially discounted this, but have you recently gotten a new mask/new mask straps?
i haven't got a new mask, still the same one for years, i only get the headaches sometimes, but to me its the time when i may be doing repeditive dives, if i don't vomit after the 1st dive ,you can bet money that i will probely vomit the 2nd dive,
i have been told that it may be A CO2 headache, and to try different methods of breathing,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom