Heading back to Ft. Lauderdale again real soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone.

I am returning expecting to return Dec 15 but could be pushed back till Dec 25. I will be there on the 26 and want to get in some dives. I will be leaving I believe Jan 6th to head back to the cold for a few more months. I would love to get in a great New years dive so if anyone is interested I would love to join a group or anyone who wants to dive.

Ashley

I am looking at heading down that way on Dec 16 for a few days.
Was hoping to get some wet time in while I was down there

Hmmmm New Years dive :)
Sounds fun :wink:

I up game for all diving. This will be my last trip to Florida before it becomes a final move in June. I have to do a little house hunting on this trip .

Ashley,

There's a group of us who dive with Parrot Island in Pompano Beach on New Year's Day every year as a tradition. This year we're diving the Guy Harvey wreck (145', definitely AOW or equivalent deep experience are needed) followed by a 45-60' reef dive. Feel free to join us.

You can make online reservations here: https://app.timetrade.com/tc/login.do?url=parrotislandscuba

I have dove with Parrot Island last year and it was great. 145 feet is deeper then I am used to but I am up for the experience. I am advance certified so that is not a concern. I have been diving for a few years now and have lots of dives under my weight belt. 145 feet sounds cold. Packing the dry suit. Looking forward to some great diving and some new friends.

I am counting down the days.........I was till I get out of this frozen waste land.

Typically we see only a degree or two difference from top to bottom in the winter time here and sometimes the deeper stuff is warmer than the surface (like right after a cold front has passed cooling the surface but not the entire water column). Yesterday in Boynton Beach we had 77 on the bottom and 78 on top. I was good for four dives in a 3mm (but I also wear some bioprene :)).

I will be in the area visiting a buddy who visits his relatives for the holidays. We both are lookingto get some diving in on either the 4th or 5th of January. Any suggestions?

What are your diving preferences?? Reefs or wrecks, six-packs or big boats?? (I like bigger boats in the winter for the most part since it's typically a bit rougher and they usually have better wind protection)

Gary and Brenda are running a New Year's Eve dive. I'm on the list. Brenda promises champagne for the return trip. I can visualize a pre-dawn tailgate party. I can also visualize incriminating photos within mere hours.

DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom