Heading to Cozumel in June - Any help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Robin.

Scuba Club Cozumel! Click on "Webpage" below for trip reports/pics.

scc.jpg

Howdy!
My wife and I have been to Hotel Coz twice. We dove with Deep Blue both times. There is an on site dive op, Dive Paradise. Nice rooms, great food and drinks everywhere all of the time with the AI pkg. The largest pool on the island, and right next door to Scuba Club. Hotel Coz has it's own pier that any dive op will pick up at for diving.

It is about a 10 min walk into town.

I expect that a package with Dive Paradise would provide a very fair price. I would recommend that you look for a "small boat". There will be 4 - 8 divers instead of 20. and you will have a better chance to dive on sites that you choose. Definitely get down to see Palancar Gardens, Bricks and Caves for your deep first dives. Pao de Cedral is a great second dive. There is great snorkeling right from shore!

Have a great, safe trip!!

T

Oh yeah, look up Cozumel insider for a comprehensive link to all COZ.

My wife and I want to head to Cozumel in June (when we can leave the kids for a week), specifically for diving. We were thinking of an all inclusive stay at someplace where they have an onsite dive operation just to be able to budget better and keep costs down. We are both experienced divers and want to hit at least two per day, maybe three with the option of some shore dives if there are any nearby.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something like that or suggestions for other plans? We insist on having a pool. Room quality isn't as important as the diving, but we are on vacation of course...

I give a big two thumbs up to Scuba Mau. They are work with the Villa Blanca and will take care of the details for you. They are very responsive and take great care of you. They are a hop/skip from town and they also have La Palapita if you dont want to go so far. Check them out at: Scuba Mau Cozumel

Thanks, Robin.

Scuba Club Cozumel! Click on "Webpage" below for trip reports/pics.

scc.jpg

Loved your website with the 2008 photos from Coz!
We are staying at SCC June 9-16. Do you have any recommendations on where on the property to request a room, or an area to avoid?

Just got back from our 3rd trip to Scuba Club Cozumel. We absolutely love the place. Food is good, we usally go out once or twice for dinner during the week, though just to do something different. It is a high quality dive operation. Even when the resort if full, it is amazingly quiet. We will return again and again.

ScubClub Cozumel! An All inclusive resort that caters to divers and is the resort that I measure all others against. We have been twice, May 2007, August 2008, and we have booked for May 27, 2009. The rooms are all tile diver friendly with huge showers that you just walk into with your wetsuit on, wash them then hang out on the patio to dry. Oh did I forget to mention that in the morning you just put your wetsuit on in the room and walk 100 feet to the boat.

The three included meals are to look forward to; my wife is an executive chef, a graduate of the San Francisco Culinary Acadamy, She is a tough audience. On our first trip we had plans to frequent several restaurants that had favorable reports because she did not expect much from an all inclusive. We only went to one on that trip and none on the second trip and we do not plan to go anywhere on this next trip. Great Food.

The diving is top notch. the boat ride is a little longer than from some of the other resorts but since we are not in a hurry to go somewhere else for meals or anything else it does not matter. All of the boats and crews have been as good as it gets.

There is some good diving right in front of the club and you can take a cab down to the lighthouse and jump in there for a really cool night drift back to SCC.

ScubaClub Cozumel gets my vote and my business.

Wow I got those dates wrong it was August 2004, May 2007 and we are going May 27 - June 3, 2009. That is why I have a log book. It remembers stuff after I sleep!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom