Heading to Phuket!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooops! I was referring to Khao Lak. So many names - too little time!!

I had read about the Boonsung, and that did look nice.

Am I correct in the distance??

Thanks,

Mike

I had read about the Boonsung, and that did look nice.

The tin dredge off Khao Lak is a nice dive and I highly recommend you to dive it when you are there. It's only a short boat ride from shore and most local diveshops will be able to take you there on a daily routine. It's quite shallow as well; maximum depth should not exceed approx. 18 meters with a high tide. There isn't much multi-level diving though and most of the wreckage is somewhere between the bottom and 15 meters.
Visibility varies greatly from day to day but is mostly ok. There are some very interesting creatures to be found; first of all a very good variety of nudibranchs, both reef and estuarine stone fish, spindle cowries, ornate and robust ghost pipe fish, variety of moray eels, porcelain crabs, sebae anemone fish, eggshell shrimps, great schooling fish (there's a school of porcupine fish too!), both squid and cuttle fish, Murex / cowrie and other shells, flounders, lion fish, lots of scorpion fish, etc.
I've often seen zebra (leopard) sharks here as well and even have had a couple of dives with whalesharks circling above the wreck. I have done one dive where we had two whalesharks for hours on end just swimming above the wreck.

:D

Back
Top Bottom