Hearing rumors about silicone seals that can be glued onto suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah they sure where expensive.....!
But if the price for neck seals isn't to crazy, i will consider them just to not having to deal with some bulky neck ringsystem.

Silicone is less robust/durable than neoprene or latex. No way would I consider gluing silicone seals to my suit. I did one dive after getting my wrist seal rings installed and installing silicone seals and had a tear in one of the silicone wrist seals. That is after 50-something dives with latex seals where I never had any kind of issue whatsoever.

Silicone is just too fragile to "permanently" attach to my suit. Of course, YMMV.

OMS Silicone Wrist Seals - Glueable, Assembly Outside Drysuit (Pair)
Write a review
Ask a question
View attachment 432674
Add to Wishlist
Availability: Shipped in 5-10 days
$117.08
Qty:
-OR- View attachment 432675

When I read the first post that mentioned OMS (who is now owned by DUI)I figured that they would be over $100. Like has been said previously silicone is way to fragile to permanently attach to your suit.

Why would anyone want to glue on seals when ring systems is available?

Because of possible discomfort with heavy steel doubles, and then the harnesse pushing down on the ring, on land. (Smaller persons) and possible less arm movement regarding manipulating valves behind the neck.

What??

Back
Top Bottom