Heated hoods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Much of the body heat is lost through the head.

Well, no.

Scientists debunk myth that most heat is lost through head | Science | The Guardian

The White Arrow 7mm hood is supposed to be pretty warm (and as a result easy to tear) but obviously not heated. Thick woollen socks and Hestra liners (fibre inner gloves) are excellent too. There are heated vests available that keep your body warm. The Ursuit drysuit hoods are 90% dry and the Loitokari custom made drysuit ( Sukelluspuku Loitokari ) has a 100% dry hood.

I have a 12mm hood custom made by Otterbay - Otterbaysuits.com. Keeps my head much warmer so it is closer in thermal protection to the layers i have under my drysuit. I used to like my neoprene neck seal but my head is much larger than my neck so it did not last long before splitting.

I second on the waterproof 10mm hood. Best cold water hood so far. I have not tried an otter hood.

Back
Top Bottom