heinrichs weikamp OSTC computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Guys,

I cant seem to find much about those computers and they seem quite niche.

does anyone know anything about them?

Thank!

I only have secondhand knowledge,but they are said to be very solid, capable computers. I did look into them shortly before buying a shearwater. That was sometime ago but things probably haven't changed.

Hello Guys,

I cant seem to find much about those computers and they seem quite niche.

does anyone know anything about them?

Probably because SB is heavily US-centric and they aren't sold here. Both Dirk and Linus have commented on them here: Dive Computer Ramblings | Subsurface

@dmaziuk thanks! Nice quick reads...

They both say they wish it had air integration... But it is open OS so I wonder if anyone will ever mod one to work with a Bluetooth transmitter from another make just for kicks... Hehe

I also almost never see one for sale used... They must be keepers once you buy them. I'm really looking for a computer that I'll buy and not want to change for years. They're quite the investment... I've looked at the Suunto Steele and Mares Icon HD and all them cool ones but I can't shake the feeling that they're made NOT to last long. Like the brands actually have a shelf life for them (which from a marketing perpective would make absolute sense).

Those and the liquivision and VR3s seem to have a much longer shelf life (especially with proper firmware upgrades). And do SO much....

Anyway, maybe just a newbie perspective...

They both say they wish it had air integration... But it is open OS so I wonder if anyone will ever mod one to work with a Bluetooth transmitter from another make just for kicks...

Yeah, mee too. And if bluetooth worked underwater AI'd be soo much easier.

Yeah, mee too. And if bluetooth worked underwater AI'd be soo much easier.

Like they say: "If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts"

Well there's the answer to my query haha

Well, I just went on their website, and there doesn't seem to be any AI info even on the new one they have on their homepage (The OSTC 4). Looks really high tech and all... I emails and asked a few questions and one of them being AI Integration. As well as pricing etc...

Any other questions I could ask while I'm at it? I'll include them in the follow up email :wink:

@JohnN hahaha

ostc are for divers knowing they're doing, often with more than one tank.
so, air integration is not interesting for them.
i have an OSTC MK II, i plan my dives, i rarely check my pressure.

Back
Top Bottom