Helios Placement with ACB system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can someone please post a picture of how to place the Helios Cannister with The Hacyon ACB system? Or even just a close up of a cannister mounted correctly on the webbing.

Thanks!

Man, this web site always amazes me. Less than 5 minutes to get exactally what I was looking for.

The ACB in the picture is the old style but I think I can still make it work.

Thanks!

I also remember seeing one other way where the light was connected to the tail of the ACB before the tail was attached to the BP but i dont have any pictures and only glanced at it in passing. Its always hard to resist checking out some ones helios when passing if you know what i mean.....lol.

CALI68:
Man, this web site always amazes me. Less than 5 minutes to get exactally what I was looking for.

The ACB in the picture is the old style but I think I can still make it work.

Thanks!

It absoutely holds the light rock solid. I have the ACB20 (not the 30 shown in the pic) and because I only dive with 8 punds now (4 per side) the pocket often falls out because the Bungeeroo sort of pulls the mouth of the ACB open.

Hard to explain - but the light-side pocket flops out often.

Aside from that, its the best way to mount the light with the ACB. Love it.

Ken

Ken, Do you have the newer ACB with the tri-glide connection or the older one that bolts to the plate? Any chance you can post a picture?

Also, would your Silica Gel pacs work in a wet dry glove ( that sounded wierd but you know what I mean)

lal7176:
According to the halcyon site you would slide the helios on the waist strap first followed by the ACB to hold it in place.
http://www.halcyon.net/mc/acb.shtml

When I first started diving the Helios a couple of years ago, I was taking it off after every dive trip.

However, its been months now since I've taken it off. If my ACB was designed like the ones in the Pic, I could probably do that. But the webbing is fastened to the ACB 20 pocket along its entire length... no can do.

If you plan on removing the light often (or have the non-triglide / older style ACB20) the Bungeeroo is probably the best way.

CALI68
* have the ACB20 (I want to get the ACB12) and they bolt to the Plate. No triglide.

* I use these Silica Gel packs for all kinds of things. Lately, I toss a couple into my Humidor every week or so... as living by the Marina I have a tough time keeping humidity DOWN in the 'dor. And as everyone knows, damp sticks are no fun.

K

Mo2vation:
When I first started diving the Helios a couple of years ago, I was taking it off after every dive trip.

However, its been months now since I've taken it off. If my ACB was designed like the ones in the Pic, I could probably do that. But the webbing is fastened to the ACB 20 pocket along its entire length... no can do.

If you plan on removing the light often (or have the non-triglide / older style ACB20) the Bungeeroo is probably the best way.

CALI68
* have the ACB20 (I want to get the ACB12) and they bolt to the Plate. No triglide.

* I use these Silica Gel packs for all kinds of things. Lately, I toss a couple into my Humidor every week or so... as living by the Marina I have a tough time keeping humidity DOWN in the 'dor. And as everyone knows, damp sticks are no fun.

K

I have both and the new ACB12 does have the triglide. I'm looking at one right now. Also, the ACB12 is super hard to buckle for some reason. The left VERY little slack. I've tried to stretch it out by hanging it with a 5 pounder in there but it's still too tight. The ACB 20 is cool becuase you can load up the weight by yourself AFTER your rig is on but the ACB 12 is way to tight to do that.

Is there any reason to take the cannister off after every dive day? I thought you just need to remove the battery for charging.

I want your Humidor Problems! I have a some Padron 1926's that are getting too dry.

CALI68:
I have both and the new ACB12 does have the triglide. I'm looking at one right now. Also, the ACB12 is super hard to buckle for some reason. The left VERY little slack. I've tried to stretch it out by hanging it with a 5 pounder in there but it's still too tight. The ACB 20 is cool becuase you can load up the weight by yourself AFTER your rig is on but the ACB 12 is way to tight to do that.

Is there any reason to take the cannister off after every dive day? I thought you just need to remove the battery for charging.

I want your Humidor Problems! I have a some Padron 1926's that are getting too dry.

I mean, the reason I went to a can light was to integrate it with the rig so its always wif me. Early on I used to take it off to check it, pack it carefully in its own box and all that hoopla.

The thing is built like a tank - probably more durable than the box. Now it stays on the rig and gets dunked en-masse after each dive. There is no reason to take it off.

I saw the ACB12 at the Scubashow in SoCal. I liked it cuz it would hold a 4# plate securely... but at only 8#, you gotta ask yourself, why not go to a FredT niner and an STA, you know?

Still deciding. I've lost about 12 pounds since the last time I dove with this rig about 4 weeks ago... tomorrow will be interesting.

K

PS:
A buddy of mine lives in the 909 - his issue is not enough humidity.... He's constantly working to keep it above 65% out ther ein that friggen desert. My prob is keeping below 80+. These SC packs have been the ticket. I need to get a larger credo... the volume of PG in that tiny thing just isn't enough to keep things in line now that I've moved out of the valley into the wetlands. Be kind to those '26's, my friend!

Back
Top Bottom