Helios Placement with ACB system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
but at only 8#, you gotta ask yourself, why not go to a FredT niner and an STA, you know?

Another thing to consider if using a helios, go back to a weight belt. I used the ACBs (30#) for a number of years and never liked the way they increased my profile (bulging weight pockets grabbing onto the kelp and all).

The tri glide style 30s have a sharp corner in the front formed by the handle that sticks out, niiiiice kelp grabbers.

Diving wet I wear 8#, so went back to a [gasp!] belt. Analog gauges and a belt... pass the bong dude, must be the 70s.

I've done 5 dives now with a belt and I gotta say I feel much more streamlined in the water, and the rig fits me better. the weights on the harness were preventing me from getting a really good seal around the waist, if that makes sense. I now intentionally go through the thickest strand of kelp to see what sticks.

We'll see tomorrow, diving dry so adding 4# to the belt...
Chris

ChrisM:
Diving wet I wear 8#, so went back to a [gasp!] belt. Analog gauges and a belt... pass the bong dude, must be the 70s.

Don't bogart that trimix, man....

Yeah - when I was diving 16 (before DIR/F) I felt like a Duelly down there. At 4+4 it ain't so bad. I honestly grab more kelp with my friggen DS pockets... Its the weirdest thing - they are total kelp magnets.

Yeah- Uncle Pug has been telling be forever to ditch the ACB and go to a belt... I may try it sometime soon.

You completely rule.

Dude.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom