Hello all from the ATL area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello. Been lurking a while and thought I would finally register. Have really enjoyed all the discussion threads.

I take it that "ATL" refers to Atlanta, Georgia. Not everyone can be expected to know our abbreviation. Scubaboard members hail from all over the world. I give my location (see below where my avatar would be if I had one) as "Atlanta, USA" to show recognition that there is another Georgia--a country in eastern Europe. If you think I'm an anal-retentive nutcase, consider that we have seen confusion on Scubaboard as to what location the "Channel Islands" refers to. Europeans know them as a group of islands in the English Channel, but to Americans, especially those on the west coast, the islands off the coast of LA--whoops, I mean Los Angeles--may be our first thought. Anyway, welcome to the international world of Scubaboard!

Good point.

To really confuse people, say "THE ATL" :)

howdy and welcome from the one and only southeast florida USA....(smile).

Welcome. Do you ever get down to dive on the panhandle?

Welcome!

There has to be a story behind the username?

Welcome from ORD! :D

Welcome. Do you ever get down to dive on the panhandle?
Will be getting down more now that my wife is about to get her OW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom