Hello Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMeen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got my DiveMaster in El Nido Philippines and now wondering if I shall continue to become an instructor or go back to my old office job. The diving changed my lifestyle a lot, was wondering who made the experience from having a regular good paid office job and then cut of from the old life and focused on working in the diving industry. Im worried I will regret this one day.

You might regret it more if you will not even try :)

I am in process of doing exactly this- I have sold my house, divorced my wife, left 2 huskies with her, left my office job and going to Thailand in 2 weeks time, with one way ticket to do the IDC and then travel around SE Asia and then maybe central America.

Only time will tell if it was good decision, at least I will be able to say that I tried.
If you fail you can always go back to 9-5 job!

BTW- use the search function- plenty of posts on the topic of becoming pro :wink:

Happy diving!
Marcin

I am in process of doing exactly this- I have sold my house, divorced my wife, left 2 huskies with her, left my office job and going to Thailand in 2 weeks time, with one way ticket to do the IDC and then travel around SE Asia and then maybe central America.

Are you insane!?!?!?!?!?! You left behind two huskies? God, I would do anything to have a husky.

Kudos on the rest of it though, I am supremely jealous.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....nothing ventured nothing gained...good luck on your quest.

Are you insane!?!?!?!?!?! You left behind two huskies? God, I would do anything to have a husky.

Kudos on the rest of it though, I am supremely jealous.

Yeah man, it is hard but they are in the good hands :)
Also, I won't abandon my dreams only because of them. I know it's harsh, but hey- best things are coming with some sacrifice...

Back
Top Bottom