Hello everyone, it's great to be here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Down

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals, I'm new to the board, but already I love it. So much great info! I just took my written final last night for BOW, and finish my pool dives tomorrow night, then it's off to Belize on February 10th to do my Open Water dives. I can't wait!

By way of introduction, my name is Bill Bramucci, I live in Brooklyn Park, MN and I've done one resort course dive that I loved. Now I hope to be diving regularly including some cold water diving locally in the future. Just thought I'd say Hi. :)

to the board. And good luck with your openwater dives. Keep in mind that coldwater diving is going to be quite a bit different than what you encounter in Belize, and it will probably be a good idea for you to discuss that with your LDS, a coldwater instructor, or knowledgable buddies.

MD

Thanks for the welcome MechDiver. I don't plan to get into the cold water anytime soon as I'm a freeze baby anyway, but since there is some terrific cold water diving in my neck of the woods I figure I better keep an open mind to the possibility. I definitely won't be doing it until I have more experience, and can go with some experienced people.

Welcome to the board. I am a relatively new diver and I have found great info here.

Yeah, the site's so awesome!There's so many answers that you can get from anyone! Good luck finishing your Scuba Cert!

Well hello! I think the board is great too. It's a good place to find out stuff and solve problems. Be careful though... there's something wrong with my brain, so don't do anything I recommend unless it seems like alot of other people recommend it too. Like diving with alot of knives instead of a weight belt, or using your snorkel as a magical underwater communicator. These should only be attempted by highly trained technical divers.

And welcome to SB! :wavey: Put us in your Favorites, and check in often...

Got hooked on a resort dive, huh? Yep, that's they way I got here, too. Pickup a second job, learn to live cheap, and you should be fine!

don

Back
Top Bottom