Hello everyone, St. Louis MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrRauch

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My name is Cory I live in St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. I just finished my confined water dives and classroom instruction for my PADI open water certification today.

I was introduced to diving years ago through some friends of my parents however I never got certified until now after some prodding from a few good friends. They lived in St. Maarten for several years involved in diving and tourism down there, the stories they told me and a recent trip to Florida got me to finally buck up and do it.

Besides those two friends however I don't know anyone that dives (and they are moving to Holland) other than the people I had class with so hopefully there are some people local to my area here.

Hey there,
Welcome to the board and congrats on cert!
There are a lot of divers here in the St. Louis metro area. I'm from up in north county(Florissant). What shop are you working with? I went thru Great American in St. Charles. You can also go to the buddy finder tab and punch in your zip and find people close by. Another area to look is on the main screen and find central united states and then mid west muck divers.
Randy
robooringding

I am going through Great American as well.

I saw the buddy finder tab a few minutes ago and was pretty excited to find out there are about 5 people on the site within 5 mi of me.

I should be there the 19th and 20th of sept. I did just hear today that I MAY be sent out of town for some work stuff though unfortunately, so that date is up in the air at the moment.

I see your in Florissant, do you dive locally?

Yeah,
I did a discover scuba in Mexico on a cruise and got hooked, so when we got back I signed up for classes. I have been going out to the Dive-stop in New Melle since it is so close and don't have to commit to at least a whole day, you can just do a dive or two and get back by the afternoon.

Did you do the dry suit class at the same time as you open water? They are having dog days at Mermet on the 26 amd 27th of Sept., thats where you get to try on and dive with different dry suits. If you didn't get that cert, you can still do it, you just have to dive with an instructor. I think it will be well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom