Hello fellow Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is funny. I am from Toronto and I miss the weather in Ontario. Waiting for it thaw out here so that I can do some dives in July when the water will be bearable. In the meantime, heading to Mexican Riviera in two weeks so that I can stop this dive itch.

jmdive. Winnipeg is my hometown.
Interesting--I lived in Wpg. 2 years (30+ years ago), but spent most of 25 Manitoba years in Thompson. Did spend 3 years at The Pas.

It's been years since I have been to Thompson or the Pas. I was there for work during the summer. Can't say that I miss the Thompson Turkeys in the morning outside my hotel window. It takes a special type of person to survive up In Northern Manitoba. You really have to love the outdoors and be able to go without creature comforts. I guess I am a city boy.

My wife wanted to get out of the cold, so we moved to NS 13 years ago--the only reason I got into scuba. I miss the North, but we bought a small cabin on the lake (Setting L.) near Thompson and I get up there for 2 weeks each Fall. I haul enough water from the lake until it freezes around Nov.1.
My 2 years in Wpg. I taught Band in the North End at Sisler High.

My wife wanted to get out of the cold, so we moved to NS 13 years ago--the only reason I got into scuba. I miss the North, but we bought a small cabin on the lake (Setting L.) near Thompson and I get up there for 2 weeks each Fall. I haul enough water from the lake until it freezes around Nov.1.
My 2 years in Wpg. I taught Band in the North End at Sisler High.

Sisler's a big school. I went to Churchill High in Fort Rouge. Moved to Calgary in the late 80's and yoyo'd around a bit until now. My cousin lived in Thompson for a number of years and is back home in Winnipeg. Can't say I ever got that far up north but I imagine it's beautiful for those who like the great outdoors, and maybe a horse fly or two.

Back
Top Bottom