Hello from chilly Denver! Got Florida ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebbidude

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I feel like a :dork2:, but here I am! (Just wanted to use the cute smile-guy . . .)

My husband & I have been diving for a couple years & are preparing for a trip
to Marathon Key in March. We're trying to decide whether to dive from a Marathon area shop or drive the hour to Key Largo to access different dive sites.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Key Largo...hands down. French and Molasses Reef are outstanding. Plus you have the USS Spiegal Grove as well right there, that's impressive.

Although I've heard good things about Looe Key as well, and that is almost halfway in-between, if you wanted to check that out maybe. (Looe Key is on my 'to-do' list this year :wink:).

Happy diving!

December 06? Welcome to the Board I guess. :rofl3:

We were down in Marathon in October. We dove with Abyss. It was very relaxing easy diving. You will like the reefs if that is what you are in to.

Key Largo is also very nice, and as others have said there wrecks in Key Largo. The Grove, the Duane & The Eagle. It is worth the drive for the diving.

[c]
howdy.gif
[/c]

Welcome to SB! Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

I like diving several different Keys and Ops when I go there. I stay on Key Largo or Tavernier for a few days, then move to Marathon for a few.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Key Largo --Islamorado is the spot. The wife and I go an average of twice a year and you will find a good diversity of dive sites to accomodate whatever your skill and comfort level happens to be.......Check out the website www.rainbowreef.com and get a feel for the dive sites and general rates in the area. If you choose to go with them DJ and the crew at Rainbow reef will work hard to make your trip enjoyable.....we love to stay right at Key Largo in the Marina area...there are a number of places to stay. We prefer Marina del Mar becasue it is pet friendly and next to Coconut's...but there is a Ramada and a Holdiay .....aslo there are a number of dive operators operating out of the marina to choose from...hope this helps you and you have a great florida trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom