Hello from Chilly Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishchaser

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all...been enjoying the SB for a few months, but figured I should send out an intro. Like many others, I'm a newb.

I've enjoyed snorkeling several times at Hanauma Bay, Oahu, Hawaii. My first introduction to scuba (almost) was in 2003 at Molokini Island, Maui, during another snorkel trip when I had the opportunity to try "snuba", which was a reg on a 40' hose up to a raft carrying a tank. I finally went scuba by getting my OW and AOW back-to-back while in Tobago last March, not quite a year ago. I did a couple "cold-water" dives last summer back home (near Kenosha, WI) using rental gear and checking out a couple local inland lakes.

This past Christmas I decided to play Santa to myself and buy all my own gear, including a dry suit for the cold water here. ScubaBoard played a major role in many of my decisions, so this board was a great find. (I'm still looking for a deal on a wing and backplate...I check the SB gear exchange classifieds daily!)

I don't expect to travel much, but I did have an opportunity to do a liveaboard in the Similan Islands, Thailand, thanks to a business trip to nearby Singapore on January 3rd. It was right after the gigantic tsunami, so it was kinda freaky going, but I decided to continue the trip anyway. You can check out my trip report and pictures at http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=84332. I guess the pictures didn't turn out too bad considering they are the first underwater pics I've ever taken (and I only had 11 dives under my belt at the start of the trip).

I'm now waiting for wamer weather here in WI, where I plan to take a dry suit class, along with a wreck class, so I can start enjoying the many nice wrecks off of the Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha shores of Lake Michigan. I'm not sure how often I'll get to dive this year, with a new 6-month old daughter and work taking up much of my time. I also enjoy fishing, both ice fishing now, and the soft water kind later, and have a 18' fishing boat that I'm hoping will do double duty as my dive boat.

Guess that's enough of a life story :D

Chad

Hey Chad. I grew up in LaCrosse, and got my OW certification at UW-Madison. I live in Maryland now, but visit Wisconsin every now and then. I'm looking at putting a charter together to dive some of the Milwaukee wrecks sometime this year. PM me if your are interested, and I'll put you on the contat list.

Mike

Welcome to the board. Don't be afraid to make contacts with people on this board, especially if you travel to an area. The folks on here are great rescources, and every one that I've met has been really nice. This is a great place to get the "locals" knowledge when you go some place new.

Look forward to seeing your posts.

fishchaser:
Hello all...been enjoying the SB for a few months, but figured I should send out an intro. Like many others, I'm a newb.

Welcome Chad, I think we are all looking forward to the summer warm up in this part of the country.

hello chad! I also live in se wisconsin and am going to belize next week for some more diving . I have dove some of the wrecks in lake michigan. If you are looking for a dive buddy I would probably be available ...Diving is my all time favorite sport! I wish I would have gotten into it years ago. EM me sometime if you would like otherwise welcome aboard!!!!

Hello, fishchaser -

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

"The true cost of any given thing is how much of your life you have to give up in order to get it" - - Henry David Thoreau

Heya Chad, welcome to the Board!!!

steeplejack:
hello chad! I also live in se wisconsin and am going to belize next week for some more diving . I have dove some of the wrecks in lake michigan. If you are looking for a dive buddy I would probably be available ...Diving is my all time favorite sport! I wish I would have gotten into it years ago. EM me sometime if you would like otherwise welcome aboard!!!!

What are your favorite wrecks in the Milwaukee area? The next time I'm in Milwaukee, I'm hoping to dive the Prins Willem, Milwaukee, and Wisconsin.

Mike

Hello Chad AKA Fishchaser . I am a WI diver enjoying the pleasures of the sport. Just got back from Key Largo, spent a week on wrecks and reefs. It was great/ had reservations in Ft Lauderdale for last weekend diving, but stiff winds from east means no diving was possible. So I will now look forward to this spring to get my fins wet. I would do a Michigan or Superior Dive with a group. Devils Lake if nothing else. I live in Hartland. Put me on your dive list or E Mail me if you hear of any good group activities.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom