Hello from Cincinnati

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, John.

I saw a post from a previous thread so, sorry for highjacking it.....

My question is this. I dive in the summer at many of the quarries in Northern Ohio. I will be around the Cincinnati airport area (actually in KY?) in June for a 3-day conference. Are there any NEARBY dive sites that I may be able to sneak in a bit of leisure while attending business meetings until about 2pm each afternoon :(???

Thanks,
Kevin

Hey, Kevin,

Sorry, been out of town. I actually live about 10 minutes south of CVG airport. Our closest dive sites in Cincinnati would be either Blue Springs, in Waldron, IN, or Falling Rock Quarry, down in LaGrange, KY. BS is a little over an hour from Cincy, Falling Rock is about an hour towards Louisville.

Both are nice quarries. Blue Springs is our shops "home" quarry, and we're up there all the time doing checkouts or doing work around the quarry helping the owner. Admission to BS is $20... I'm not sure what Falling Rock is now.

What days are you going to be in town? If it's a weekend, I'm sure some of our group will be up there, and I'll be out of town part of June but otherwise I'll be there too. We usually get up early, get there around 8 or so, then dive all day. You could leave Cincy around 2, be there a little after 3, then dive the rest of the afternoon... It'd also be quieter for you since most of the students leave by early afternoon.

John

Back
Top Bottom