Hello From Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My name is Hannah Fizell. I'm a new St. Petersburg College Alumni and new student at the University of South Florida pursuing my degree in Bachelor of Science in Biology. My focus as I get into research will be sharks. I'm an advanced diver. I've been diving for about 5 years now. I have 36? dives under my belt. I'd have many more but I'm in college and we all know the budget of a college student, so diving remains limited at this time. My partner Darlene and I have done a lot of these dives so far together. We've remained around our home state of Florida. The keys are our favorite places to go. Key West, not so much because we aren't shoppers honestly. The two of us would like to start diving outside of Florida. I was at the Bimini Shark Lab for a month in 2012 where I got more experience, both in free diving (specifically) with sharks and being involved in research. This is the extent of it. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and having fun discussions about diving, the ocean and its inhabitants.

howdy and welcome from your south Florida neighbor....we beach dive in this area to keep cost down....good luck with your studies.

Welcome from Chattanooga, Tennessee. If you ever want to cold water quarry dive let me know!

welcome! come visit with us at the Vero Beach Scuba Club (www.verobeachscubaclub.org). Check our Facebook page for events and dives. we dive a lot and you are welcome to join us on any of our trips!

Hey, living in Clearwater and also looking for some opportunity to dive. Already tried a charter (tanks-a-lot) but honestly not worth the price.

Welcome to SB! Good work on continuing your education. The advantage to where you live is abundant shore diving....all of that fun for the cost of an air fill!

Welcome! I like sharks. I'm with them regularly when I dive in Pensacola. SB is a good place for all information regarding diving.

I'm 1 class from finishing my undergraduate degree(s) in cyber security/computer engineering at the University of West Florida. I know the money struggles of a scuba diving college student well! I used to have 3 jobs in order to fund my diving. 3 jobs + full time school + 15-20 dives a week.

Like you I've found a passion for something that requires scuba diving to achieve. Cave diving has grabbed me and won't let go. Adventuring through places few have seen is just about the greatest thing on earth for me. Nothing compares.

When you see a 15ft shark glide effortlessly through the water 3ft from you for the first time - that's how I feel about the caves I visit. It is simply amazing.

Good Luck with college and have fun diving!

We are here if you have questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom