Hello from India!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shraddha H.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently completed my PADI open water course in Thailand. I am traveling to Sri Lanka from the 21st to the 26th of Oct this year with family and am keen on making a dive. I would love any suggestions on best dive spots for that time (I am interested in fishes and marine life). Is it a good time for diving in SriLanka? Also recommendations for dive spots in and around bentota will be appreciated.
thanks so much! :)

October is inter-monsoon period when the dive season is switching from the east to west coast. Not an ideal time for either side but sometimes the diving on the west/south coast can be good. Viz is usually low but good fish life. Beruwela, the town right next to Bentota has several dive shops. Ypsylon is a good operator. The diving is mostly on rock outcrops. I have not dived there for several years but Barracuda Point used to be one of the best dive sites in the area.

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

Welcome from Oregon

Thanks so much! Your reply has been most helpful. I will look up Ypsylon :)

October is inter-monsoon period when the dive season is switching from the east to west coast. Not an ideal time for either side but sometimes the diving on the west/south coast can be good. Viz is usually low but good fish life. Beruwela, the town right next to Bentota has several dive shops. Ypsylon is a good operator. The diving is mostly on rock outcrops. I have not dived there for several years but Barracuda Point used to be one of the best dive sites in the area.

Back
Top Bottom