Hello from Jax, FL (Newly Certified)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WgOaLnFg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got my OW certificaiton a few weeks ago.

With the recommendation from some friends at work, I went to the local dive shop (Meridian Divers) and signed up.

It has been the best investment I have ever gotten into!

I love the water as it is, and being able to go under it and explore at depth for more than a few minutes just gets my blood pumping.

After my forth open water dive, my buddy's from work came down to dive with me.

We went a little bit deeper than what is recommend as your max depth (60ft) but it was all good. My buddy's had nothing but the safty in mind, and frequently checked my air (even if I just did it), or asked me if I was equilizing enough!

This weekend, I'm taking a trip down to the Florida Key's. I'll be doing my Advance dives, and Nitrox dives at the same time. I can't wait.

I got confirmation this afternoon that we will be diving the Speigle Grove, the new Naval ship they sunk back in May.

I am so siked about going this weekend, and since I started my first dives, I've done nothing but talk about diving, and try to talk my friends in persuing it!

Who knows, maybe someday I'll decide to become an instructor and teach others how to love the water as much as I did before my certifications, and to love it even more after their own certification.

See ya on the bottom!

WOLFgang:wink:, you've got some of the best diving in the world at your doorstep. Caves included, enjoy!!

WgOaLnFg,
Congrats on your OW I just got Certified in Aug. myself. Work schedules have prevented my DB and I to get back in the water. We had thoughts of going out this weekend but this damn tropical depression has taken care of that.

Wildbill:D

:copper:

Congrats on the OW!!
SCUBA is great! Happy diving...:)

Congrats on your OW and welcome to the boards WgOaLnFg!
Dive Safe!
:snorkel:

I just wanted to give everyone an Update on this last weekend!

I had an awsome time in the keys.

We did 5 dives this weekend! Other than some people getting sick on the boat as the surf was pretty bad, everyone has a wonderful, and more important, a safe time.

We dove the Eagle (a wreak), a reef (I can't think of the name now), a night dive (fish bowl reef (best dive I had)), the USS Speigle Grove (another wreak (if you get a chance I recommend to everyone)), and the Molasses (another reef).

I dove with Nitrox for the Eagle and the Speigle. Max depth on the Eagle was 100ft, and the max depth on the Speigle was 98ft.

I would recommend to everyone going to both of these wreaks. It's great to explore (just stay out (there is plenty to see outside)).

Anyhow, after this weekend, I got AOW and my Enriched Air certificaitons. It was worth it. I think now, I'm going to go and get some bottom time that isn't instructor lead!

But I know my next specialty dive is going to be a Night Dive, it is awsome. Expecially when you come over a hill in the reef and see everyone with their lights and chem lights on - they all look like ET's flying around looking for a place to land! :D

Safe Diving to all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom