Hello from MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d@n

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new here and to SCUBA. I dove the first time on a resort in St. Lucia back in March and loved it!
I'm going for my PADI OW cert dives this weekend. I've been browsing the threads and have read many interesting discussions and learned quite a bit already.

Great stuff, It's always exciting to see people taking up SCUBA.

The boards are full in interesting info and people, enjoy,
=-)

Hi Dan:

Welcome to the Board. I am headed to St. Lucia in February–I hope I have as good a time as you did:).

The diving only gets better...

Todd.

....try the Piton beer! That is the local brew, and is quite tasty and inexpensive compared to what we were paying on the cruise ship. Seems that Sam Adams beer was about $5 a piece and the Piton was two for $3 at the little tent setup on the pier just after we tied up...

Welcome to the board..

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Daive Safe...............

We are in Maryland too and were certified 3 years ago. I am guessing you are headed to a quarry for your OW cert dives. Which one? We did our regular dives at Willow Springs and our advanced at Bainbridge. I hope the visibility is better than we had. BEST was 9 feet! Worst was 3. UGH. Gee - bet you are really glad you read this post now huh? Sorry - it will be fun, just nothing like the Caribbean!

We did our cert dives in Lake Rawlings, VA. Even after a line of severe t-storms on Friday night and 300+ divers in the water on Saturday the vis was 25' or so. On Sunday morning it was even better, crystal clear! We could even see the thermoclines!
Had a great time and got four very good dives in. I'm ready to go again! Gotta buy some gear first :$:

D

We picked out what we wanted and then bought it online at diversdiscount.com. they had great prices and service. we have actually ordered about 4 times from them and were very happy each time. Just thought I would throw that recommendation out there...

I'm jealous of your dives! 25ft sounds amazing for a quarry :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom