Hello from NY I have a Hookah question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff7467

New
Reaction score
New to this site thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

My question is I know everyone says the older Thomas 1020 compressor is the one to get if you can find one. I have a craftsman compressor that almost looks the same as the Thomas and has almost the exact same specs
3/4 HP oil less
2.0 SCFM AT 40 PSI
2.0 SCFM AT 90 PSI

it is only 17 lbs and runs perfectly

I have never heard of anyone use or compare this compressor.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_174033_6.jpg
    IMG_20200417_174033_6.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200417_173955_4.jpg
    IMG_20200417_173955_4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 46
Sorry, I have no experience with Hookah's or compressors but welcome to the board. Hopefully, someone will come along who can answer your questions for you.

Hello, I come from a working diver background. I can safely state that if thos compressor has been run with regular compressor oil, it will need to de rebuilt and or flushed and switch head to breathing compressor oil. After the switch h you would need to send a compressed sample to an approved lab for analysis to ensure proper quality of breathing air. Also the intake would be required to be relocated to avoid getting exhaust fumes into the supply if it is near a gas powered motor of any type. Using a compressor usually also requires a good person who is trained and capable to run and monitor the system while you are diving. Hope this helps and dive safe always.

Rob

You also need to be sure that the unit is sized correctly to be used. Example would be that the compressor should not load up to compress air any more than 6 times in a measured 1 minute. If it does then it is too small to be safe for the application.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom