Hello from NYC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

Welcome to the board from sunny Catalina. See you've done a few dives off the island yourself!

As for LP, I've never ordered from them but have considered doing so based on availability and price. I get great deals from my LDS on products they carry, but there are some they don't and I buy them whereever the price is right. Besides, I'm a starving marine biologist, not a venture capitalist/investment banker, so price is an issue!

Enjoy your diving!

Dr. Bill

Welcome to Scubaboard. You will find lots of information here and lots of people who are really nuts about diving.

Oh, the infamous LP v. LDS and other online stores debate !!!!

Point to keep in mind, there are some things that are advantageous to be purchased other than online. Regs and BC's, IMO, are two of them, reason being is availability for service.

Anyway, not to get something going, but post your questions before buying online. I'm sure someone will give you enough info to make the best decision possible.

Semper Safe,

Rick

Hiya Karen and welcome to the board. You have a good reason to be excited. There is a lot of knowledge on this board, so you have definitely come to the right place.

Also, I see that you TOO are a GYM RAT.... :sprite10: Do you compete?

-Zendiver

Karen Dancheck:
Hello!

I am so excited about this site! I have so many questions and wasn't sure where I'd find the answers. My first big question is...what is the deal with LP/Leisure Pro? For those of you who have visited the store, it is not your typical "dive shop" I have purchased fins from them, but I wanted to ask around before I purchase a computer, reg, and BC. Their prices are so great...why would you buy from anyone else??

Thanks to all!
Karen
hi karen--i am newbie who bought whole set-up from leisurepro(saved at least $200 vs most other places). ordered it all online, then noticed they were in nyc, so i just drove in from LI to pickit up. after doing alot of research and getting alot of advice here on SB i decided to go with a bp/wing set-up instead of a BC. when i brought the BC back to leisurepro they were great, gave me full refund even though i had already thrown away the box it came in(their refund policy requires that refunds only given when equipment is returned with all packing materials.) didn't charge me any BS restocking fee or anything. so from my experience they are fair. however there is no free lunch, for the deep discount you are giving up certain things. for example, leisurepro sells alot of brands that they aren't authorized dealers for, so the mnfr warranty usually is voided.(although lp warranties it themselves) you will also here that leisurepro sells "gray market" equipment(whatever that means). i've never read a specific example of someone who got a bad piece of equipment them. they're prices are the lowest i've seen, but there's always a trade-off. good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom