Hello from Pa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaspider

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently became certified and a user of scubaboard. So, I just wanted to say HI to everyone and also, if anyone knows of public dive sites in NE-Central Pa please let me know other than Dutch, Willow, and Bainbridge.

Also, feel free to give your input on the above sites.

Thanks,

:)

Is there something you're not telling me dad?????
Welcome anyways....we'll sort out the paternity problems out later.

Cheers New Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:wave: Hiya new person!

I am from NJ, but I can see Bucks County from my back yard. Does that count? :D
If you want some good diving, take a look at the NJ shore. It takes you about an hour to get there from center city.

Good luck. I've been trying to get people to try some of these spots for over a year now, but no one wants to do anything different.

Do you know ne thing about Delaware Water Gap? I was at the website and all I found out was there was a train wreck heading to NY w/ Miller beer bottles to be refilled. Divers can take these as artifacts if they can find ne. (Ne one going, please leave one for me!!) But that is all I know.

Also, do you know ne thing about procedures for diving at a state park, I know they mentioned about swimming but nothing as far as diving. Do I need a boat and stuff. Also, I'm assuming that I would need a floating flag inaddition.

Hey Spider, Today my buddy and I did the Water Gap Tarin Car Dive.
I have to admit it was the siltyest thing I ever did!
The car is about 20 ft from shore, and forms an embankment on the river bed.
The hard part was to find the "GOLDEN RAIL" to mark the entry. It is hard to see from the train tracks, you actually have to go down to the "beach" to see it. The paint has faded too, it more like the "golden rusty rail" That took a few, and then the obligatory climb to the river in full gear.
Once we were in, the river was so silty, we didnt even see the train car till we hit it. It was 11 ft under the water.
It was cloudy today, so a light was a must.
Heres a few hints for this dive if ya go.
1.Swim out north or south of the wreck, and approach it from deeper water. The shallows are so silty, it just makes a mess at the site. There is little current here so it is like a mud explosion.
2.Mark your dive site with a buoy. It was rainy and there still was alot of boats.
3. Lastly, dont leave your drinks on the roof of your car and pull away. They fall off...lol Yes we did do that!

Any way, besides all the pitfalls, it was fun, and we got a bunch of fishing lures out of it.
A very Discovery channel kind of dive!

LOL, have fun
Hey if any of you divers frequent the clubs in PA and NJ. I play guitar in the group UUU, and would love to meet ya! Come up and say hi. www.uuu.org

KEEP BREATHING!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom