Hello from Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budgy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been looking at this great forum for a couple of weeks so its time I said hello.
I am an active club diver, mostly in the Clyde. The water temp ranges 6-14C, vis is usually around 3-4meters and I dive most weekends.
I was born under a sun sign so I need to let off steam every now and again, so expect some moderate flames.

Budgy,
Let me be the first to welcome you to the board, from NJ!
You seem to already know how great a place this board is,so dive in - with questions , comments, answers, stories-anything.
Good luck, and enjoy the board,
MikeD

Welcome from Texas.

Let me be the 3rd to welcome you to the Board.

I lived just outside of Glasgow (Newton Mearns) for 3 years. Unfortunately, I didn't dive at that point. I would like to get over there some day and see what I missed.

Have you dived St Abbs Head? Scapa Flow?

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the welcome.
Regards the questions, I live on the Clyde and have only dived on the West coast of Scotland but hope to remedy that in the near future. I hear St Abbs is one of our best scenic sites and Scapa is a also a must for the future. It always seems the best sites like the biggest black-berries are just out of reach.

Welcome budgy...
Have you done any diving up around Skye? I have a historical and family interest in diving around Eilean Donan Castle to see if there are any interesting artifacts there. Any idea what kind of visibility one could expect in the lochs? (Loch Alsh, Duich, Long)
I already know it's COLD 365 days a year. As far as I've been able to find, no one has ever done any archeological diving around Eilean Donan, and given its history it ought to be very interesting.
Rick

Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy it.

Mike M

Budgy-

Welcome from NY! My friend/co-worker is also from Scotland (tho I can't remember whereabouts) and is looking into getting certified - I wonder if he would consider diving in his native country....

Sunshine :)

and a warm welcome from across the pond - in Canada.

You'll have a grand time here -- just remember you flame, we're likely to flame back. All in fun of course, the folks here are a friendly bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom