Hello from St. Croix in the US Virgins:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MermaidLiz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie here, found this forum through a new friend, Debby Diver. I'm a city girl who traded in her career in NYC to follow my heart to the islands.

Once upon a time, I swam with a green turtle while doing an intro to scuba dive in Hawaii. She changed my life. After several years of traveling and diving in the caribbean after that experience, I finally gave in and followed my heart. Quit my job, moved to the caribbean, got a job at a dive shop and officially became certified, and never looked back.

I've been living here for 5 1/2 years now. I love shore dives and snorkeling along the north shore and west end of the island. I've spent my summers volunteering with several local sea turtle conservation groups, because I want to give a little bit back. I dream of traveling the world and diving...Belize, The Great Barrier Reef....anywhere and everywhere.

I spend my free time in the water. I wish I had gills! Call me crazy, that's ok. Crazy with a passion and a dream. There are worse things to be!

I'm an ex-corporate girl who followed her dreams. I gave up that life and now make my living creating jewelry inspired by the sea. I had always been creative, even as a child. Lost that somewhere down the line. Until I came here. It's amazing how we are exactly where we are meant to be. :)

I look forward to meeting fellow mermaids,

Liz

Welcome to SB. There are a few Cruzans on the board - good place to meet new friends.

I (normally) live just up the road in the British Virgin Islands.

:)
I'm a newbie here, found this forum through a new friend, Debby Diver. I'm a city girl who traded in her career in NYC to follow my heart to the islands.
Welcome to Scuba Board, Liz.

I wanna be you when I grow up with one exception, the caves have stolen my heart so I'm going to follow my heart to cave country. But you never know maybe after the caves my heart will lead me to an island. I live in NYC and work in corporate America, try to dive as much as my wallet and my schedule allows until I move.

I admire your get up and go mentality. You are not crazy to follow your passion and your dream. Many wish they could and I hope to do the same in the near term. You are a true inspiration!!!

Btw, I know Debbydiver, she's living her dream life, too, and a true inspiration as well.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome:)

Rhone man, where in the BVI's are you? We're planning a trip there next May and would love to know the best dive sites:)

ScubaSam, I'm not sure my family would agree with the idea that I'm "all grown up". They think this is some sort of early mid life crisis "phase" I'm going through and that at some point I will come to my senses and move back to the neighborhood and start popping out grandkids. HA! I would love to cave dive. Haven't done this yet but plan to. Best spots?
Debby's a sweetheart. I need to convince her to kidnap me out of my studio more and take me diving. Wonder if she's around today....

Brain Virus, just convince her you need a short term hiatus, maybe 3-4 months. That's what I did with the husband and before he knew it he was hooked and fell in love with the island life too! It's not being sneaky, not at all! By the time our 4 month "temporary" lease was up I had him convinced that moving down here permanently was HIS idea! :)

I'm going to go scope the posts out now, it's great to "meet" all of you and hopefully we can all enjoy a dive together someday!

Liz

Handcrafted Jewelry Inspired by Nature by FantaSeaJewelry on Etsy

I'm so glad you found your way here, Liz, and you've already met one of my BFFs Sam! Lots more fun people to meet here, too. I'm happy to see you're already sharing some of your great advice about our wonderful island.

Folks, follow Liz's link to her jewelry. Remember, I've seen in in person...I own some as well...it's BEAUTIFUL. And, she not only supports the sea turtles (a cause very close to my heart) but SUDS (Solders Undertaking Disabled SCUBA) as well. A beautiful lady with a beautiful heart, and one of my Tom's favorite people.

Liz, we were busy today but let me know when you're free to dive! I know you have a cruise ship on Thursday; how about Friday?

Rhone man, where in the BVI's are you? We're planning a trip there next May and would love to know the best dive sites:)

Do drop me a PM nearer the time. I am on Tortola (the main island). Always happy to meet SB "alumni" and show them the sites, or at least give them a steer on good spots to dive, eat and drink.

Welcome about Ms Liz, so great to have another soul here who connects with the sea on so many levels!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom