Hello from tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dseiden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I was certified in March, with Macs, and can't get enough diving!

I can't believe that I haven't found this forum sooner! I have dove at Rainbow River, Hudson Grotto, and Devils Den. I also do a lot of snorkeling in the st.pete/clearwater area.

Right now I only have 8 logged dives, but I plan on taking some specialty classes soon (wallet permitting), starting with a buoyancy class. I am very into photography and starting to get into videography as well. Anyways, i can't wait to read more on here!

d

Hi D, welcome to the board, so you got certified at Macs, the Clearwater or Tampa store?? I am a DiveCon candidate with them (Clearwater store) soon to finish up that course. If you need a local dive buddy or advice, just put it here in the forums or and you'll have more than you can handle.

Again, Welcome to Scubaboard

oops. didn't realize i was signed in under my sister's login

Last edited:
thank you 1amphibian. I was certified through the Tampa location, but we went to the pool at the Clearwater location (no pool in Tampa store). How do you like the DiveCon course?

DiveCon is a nice challenge, it teaches a lot beyond the basics and you really have to concentrate on the students, so your diving has to be spot on. You shouldn't have to take the time to think about your diving, just the students.

I have enjoyed my course very much and have now finished up my second class as an apprentice, so now to just take the test and get the card..

I enjoy Scubaboard. Sounds like you have the "scuba addiction". Welcome to the club. My suggestion for using Scubaboard is to notice under the "thread tool" you can subscribe, un-subscribe, or ignor a thread. This is a very handy tool and keeps you from getting overwhelmed with emails. Good luck and Happy Diving!

Last edited:
thanks for the tip Lee! I would never have realized that, it will come in handy

No problem Dseiden. I often get emails from threads I have posted in and realize that I really have no interest in monitoring that thread. On the other hand there are some threads I enjoy monitoring. For instance ... I monitor both photography and videography so I can catch any posts of good photos or video.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom