Hello...!!! From the land of Beautiful Smiles: India :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samir.singh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself on the board. I have been a member since a while but never got quite down to doing it (mainly since where I am we barely have phone connectivity :p).
Now since I am at my off season, it couldn't have been a better time and I also needed a little help on some advice for my IDC.:)

I am a passionate Divemaster with about 2 years of work experience in the lovely Andaman & Nicobar islands located in India but now we are facing tons of trouble with taking guests on our boat, some stupid government laws(its a shame) especially since we have some really good sites to dive at and hence jobs are at a risk or we take a call to only do shore diving.

Hence, I am now looking at doing my IDC followed with possibly finding some work since DM jobs are just soo hard to find :'(.

I have been in talks with Khao Lak Scuba adventures (Surin & Similian islands) and they seem to provide a month of paid work internship post the IDC to decide potential employment in the future.
Where I needed a help is what could your views be on this and do you know of any other Dive Center's offering a similar package.

Thanks a lot.
-
Samir

Hi Samir
I am the national Sales manager for Scubapro and other bands in India, I have about 15 DM jobs available and another 8 Instructor Jobs, in different Dive centers we are friends with. I would be happy to have a chat about IDC's and diving in India. We currently also have an IDC running with Mark from Dive-careers

Feel free to send me a mail @ jonah@Proscuba.in or Give me a call +91 9159325264.

Cheers

Well, that was quick... how about some pics of diving in India. It's not on my bucket list... should it be?

Yes it should be :) India has some great Diving

Attachments

• JS170129.jpg
    JS170129.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 34
  • JS120340.jpg
    JS120340.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 30
thanks for sharing those photos...

It would be interesting to know more about the India dive scene from a dive tourist perspective, including why it's not already a more popular 'go to' place. Or is it and we just don't hear about it much for some reason?

but now we are facing tons of trouble with taking guests on our boat, some stupid government laws(its a shame) especially since we have some really good sites to dive at and hence jobs are at a risk or we take a call to only do shore diving.

What laws? I'm curious as to how the is affecting people.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom