hello from washington, dc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where are you doing your OW? I'm not sure what my plan is-- will probably try to go the last weekend in sept. or first weekend in oct. to the quarry or lake rawlings.

I am also hoping on hitting Lake Rawlings the first weekend of October, I think my sister and brother might come down from PA that weekend to go.

My open water is this weekend at the Quarry then I am taking my Advanced Open Water the following weekend.

Sounds like you figured out that there isn't much diving around the DC area. Millbrook and Lake Rawlings are probably the most popular quarries. Both in VA, the first is a little past Manassas (~40 minutes); and the second is a near Richmond (~3hrs). Lake Rawlings has better visibility, but Millbrook is close and you learn to keep track of folks in the water due to the really bad visibility. There are a few quarries in PA as well.

There are actually a few of us in the DC/Baltimore area from the board. We all met at Millbrook last week. If you're heading out to the quarry, PM or post a message. There's also a diving club in the area called Patowmack Divers, can't find there website at the moment, but if interested send myself or O-ring a message... he actually attends regularly.

Good luck with your OW check-out dives, and have fun in Hawaii.
Ken

From sunny FL, you will like this place lot's of knowledgeable people. DC is a cool place visited there once many years ago would love to go back.
Hawaii seems like it would be a really neat place to dive....maybe someday I will.

Good Luck on OW,
Wildbill

:copper:

Lake Rawling is pretty nice if you don't mind 3 hours drive, Millbrook Quarry at Heymarket is close & popular. There are some quarries in PA too...

When you get your AOWD you can go boat diving: DE/MD wrecks... Those are interesting...

zboss- I think I'll probably end up doing my OW that weekend, too! Lake Rawlings sounds cool, but kinda far away.

Yeah, I've definitely found that there's slim pickings on diving around here, but that's ok, more excuses for vacation!

Millbrook is pretty close to you. I might be going up there this weekend. It can be fun just to wander around. If you're really lucky, one day you might get to see...

The Bus. :eek:

Somewhere on this board O-ring has posted his adventures there. Let me know if you're up for diving some time.

You're forgot about The Plane...... :tongeout:

citygrl once bubbled...
zboss- I think I'll probably end up doing my OW that weekend, too! Lake Rawlings sounds cool, but kinda far away.

Yeah, I've definitely found that there's slim pickings on diving around here, but that's ok, more excuses for vacation!

I don't know - have you camped at all? They have camping there - so I figure me and my siblings will leave very early in the morning on Saturday or maybe even get out of work early on a Friday... then pitch tent and head out for a couple of dives. Then the same on Sunday and then back sunday afternoon.

No big deal. I am hoping to find a crew to go to the British Virgin Islands in march...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom