Hello from West Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdcline

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Would like to say hello to everyone. I have been visiting the forum for sometime and would like to let everyone know how helpful all the posts have been. My son and I were just certified this past Aug.

And welcome to SB!! :D Put us in your favorites and check in often.

How often can you dive there? I try to get some sort of practice in every month or two, but then we have spring fed sinkholes in New Mexico that are always the same - cold, but not brutal.

don
:jump013:

welcome aboard, hdcline... glad you decided to say hello.

would be interesting to read about what kinds of diving opportunities there are in your
neck of the woods.

Welcome to SB. Hope you find it as entertaining and infomative as I.

Thanks for all the replys. Here in WV the diving season runs from around the first of May to the last of Sept and that is if you are using at least a 3m suit. My son and I were openwater certiflied the last of Aug so we haven't got to do any diving since. We are going to Cozumel during a Cruise in April and have a two tank dive planned with Papaghogs there. Since Aug I have been researching on the forum concerning equipment and have now purchased two complete gear setups.

Owning your own gear will help a lot, but I do hope you'll both put in some pool time getting to know it well in the water. And be sure to tell Gabriel that you're both newbies, so he can help watch out for any special needs that may come up.

Have fun, follow your training, and dive safe! don

hdcline:
Thanks for all the replys. Here in WV the diving season runs from around the first of May to the last of Sept and that is if you are using at least a 3m suit.

Where did you do your checkout dives?

Are you familar with Mount Storm? It is a large man made lake that is used for cooling water for a coal fired power plant. It is in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and is used year round for diving.

Because the plant cycles the entire content of the lake once every 48 hours, and puts 100 degree water back in it is a heated lake. Great to keep your skills in line.

Right now the water temp is aroud 55, which is 7 mil or drysuit diving, but for the hard core it is doable.

Good Luck with your diving

Mike

WVMike:
Where did you do your checkout dives?

Are you familar with Mount Storm? It is a large man made lake that is used for cooling water for a coal fired power plant. It is in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and is used year round for diving.

Because the plant cycles the entire content of the lake once every 48 hours, and puts 100 degree water back in it is a heated lake. Great to keep your skills in line.

Right now the water temp is aroud 55, which is 7 mil or drysuit diving, but for the hard core it is doable.

Good Luck with your diving

Mike

I haven't heard of Mount Storm. I live in the southern part of the state. The closest lake for diving for us is Summersville Lake and that is about 2 hours away.

Dale

Back
Top Bottom