Hello! New to the thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpspaceman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi friends!

Just wanted to introduce myself - south florida native diving primarily in Fort Lauderdale. Would love to get some insights into how to dive more regularly and more economically. My wife and I were certified a long time ago, before we met. She asked me to go diving for her birthday and I said sure, why not. It was an instant hook again. We decided this was a sport that we both could enjoy for a long time and decided to make an investment in it. Just bought ourselves our first set of scuba gear -- hoping that we will make all the cash spent worthwhile. We even got a GoPro with red filter. L-O-L.

BCD's -- Zeagle Stiletto (originally ordered Scout, but didn't like the weight system limitations) , Zeagle Zena
First Stage/Second -- Aqualung Titan
Octo -- Aqualung Calypso / Titan Octo
Mask -- Prescription IST (mine), She has a Technomarine
Gauge -- Oceanic Max Depth SWIV Combo Gauge

Diving with -- Seiko Orange Monster 200 and dive tables (I know many have said dive computers are a must now days)
Currently being charged around 162.40 for a boat ride 4 tanks, weights, snacks and free parking (2 people 2 dives).

Would love to get some of your inputs on our prelim gear as well as tips on diving in the area. Thanks to those in the community that have helped my panicked questions about her "leaking" zeagle. Turns out it was just "over-inflated" and thus naturally leaking some air. I'll confirm after the dive tomorrow though.

See ya!

DPS

I've never dived there but I've read here that there is good shore diving in Lauderdale-by-the-sea. A little north you can dive the blue heron bridge, which I can attest is tremendous. I'll bet you can find used AL80 tanks for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom