Hello! Pleased to meet you!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belairjo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, thanks for having me in the forum.
I've been back into diving for six months, first learning when I was 17 years old, 30 years ago.
A question about my ScubaPro Galileo Luna computer brought me here. Now, I'm wondering if there are divers who would be happy to show me some shore dives in the South Australia area, while I am on holidays this week.
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you all in the future.
Fun & safe diving!
Jo

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa.....don't know much about the South Australia area but you can tell us about it when you get back....enjoy your trip.

Hi Iamrushman, thank you, I sure will.
I have a triple boat dive planned for Saturday, in Leafy Seadragon territory, a threatened species only found in southern Australia.

Welcome from a faraway land...can't help with local staff. Weedy sea dragons are beautiful; I've seen them at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga in the past. Would be neat to see in the wild, although given my 'big fat zero' record for finding sea horses and frogfish, I might better stick to viewing at the aquarium. Hope you find some.

Richard.

would love to see your photos..you can post them here.
Apologies for taking so long to post some photos of my South Australia trip.
I managed to get in 3 boat dives in the one location at Rapid Bay and 3 shore snorkeling trips at different locations. Port Noarlunga Jetty, The Star of Greece Shipwreck at Port Willunga and Second Valley.
Here are just a couple of photos of the highlights.
Far from National Geographic quality..., but enough to give you the idea!
If you would like to see more of the marine life I see on my dives, you can find them on iNaturalist - my username is belairjo :)

GH012887 LS_A-1.jpg

Leafy Seadragon (Phycodurus eques)

GH012964_longsnout boarfish-A.jpg

Longsnout Boarfish (Pentaceropsis recurvirostris)

GH012876_Rapid Bay Southern Blue devil-2.jpg

Southern Blue Devil (Paraplesiops meleagris)

GH012811_Talma-A.jpg

Western Talma (Chelmonops curiosus)

GH012909_Rapid bay fish juvenileA.jpg

Moonlighter - juvenile (Tilodon sexfasciatus)

wow wee..very cool photos..thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom