Hello to all from Sunny St. Pete Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewFloridaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! Just wanted to say Hello and tell you that I LOVE this site! I've been reading for months now and have gained an untold amount of really useful information! I've only got about ten dives under my belt, but they have been awesome! Especially Stuart Coves in the Bahamas last weekend. I Highly recommend that dive operation, they are 1st rate!

I'm looking for good sites to dive around St. Pete area, west coast of Florida. If anyone has some to recommend, I'd appreciate it! Thanks, and take good care.

Rob

Welcome to the forum! Im about 75min or so away in Orlando! Check out the Florida forum they would know best - can always meet a bunch of other locals :wink:

Hey Welcome to SB! Like the previous poster mentioned check out the Florida sub-forum. There's a few ops that run out of St Pete's (i recommend Capt .Ty)

Cheers.

-J.-

For a unique dive try Florida West Scuba School, Venice Fl. 941-486-1400 for near shore dives for megalodon sharks teeth. Educational and fun. Vis. isn't great, last Fri was approx. 10 ft. but finding your own fossilized megs is definitely cool. The owner and Captain, Steve Thacker is a great guy, retired geologist who really knows his stuff in regards to geologic history and the paleontology of the site. He also does dives to the Bay Ronto (wrecked freighter in 100 fsw) but you may want to wait on that dive until you have more experience, and Nitrox cert.

Welcome to scubaboard from another Floridian, I am not in the south or north but the central which doesn't exist. Therefore I must be in Tampa, which is a suburb of Orlando. Long story, but welcome.

smilies-41093.png

Be sure to check out your local dive club here and post your problem on the computer forum....

I guess you know your way around, but let me know...??

:cowboy: don

Hello Rob. Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

A nice wreck off of st pete is the uscg blackthorn. I live down in Venice/Nokomis Area

Welcome to the Board.

We have an active group in Florida. You might want to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum in the Regional Travel and Dive Clubs section. Here is a link http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

It's a great way to meet fellow Florida Scuba Board people. I look forward to seeing you around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom