hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TNdiver6387

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been reading around here for a little while, and figured id finally come introduce my self like the little message at the top of the page said I should. I am about to take a scuba class at my college, and came here to get a little bit of a head start. I did some freediving and a couple "resort dives" last summer in Hawaii, and loved it, which is a big part of the reason i want to take the class and get certified. One dive i look forward to making one day is going to dalehollow lake (a pretty short drive from where i live) and seeing the town that is still standing at the bottom of the lake. Quite a few buildings werent torn down before the place was flooded.

Welcome to the Scubaboard! When I was a kid we used to boat around alot at Dale Hollow. I wonder what's left of the town.

Please post if you hear anything on the town. Thanks!

Another welcome to ScubaBoard, TN! Enjoy!!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

You should get a more complete training in a college course, I would think. Don't dive those buildings without someone who has - dangerous. :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

At the end of the college course we have the option to do our checkout dives and get certified, so yea, deffinatly a much better course than the few mins standing around the dive booth explaining little more than dont hold your breath and a little time in the pool learnin mask clearing and reg recovery and very very very basic bc control (basic as in that button makes you go up, that one makes you go down, but you're probably better off not to mess with it much and let us take care of it). The motel course wasnt really quite as bad as what i just said, but you get the idea im sure. Also i have no intention of entering those buildings or anything, just getting a look around from outside (still with someone who was familar with them). I would want to take a cave course before even considering entering them provided it would even be safe to begin with, which i have no idea about.

Oh I know about Resort course. I did mine on a dive boat that met our small cruise ship, with the practice drills done in the ocean, and the third dive to 100 ft. :11: I meant you'll get a better course in college class than the OW courses overed from most US dive shops.

Wooden structures last a lot longer in freshwater than in saltware as there's no wood worms. But an old wooden building would be shaky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom