Help! Ducomi Pier - Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pier is not the end all be all of dive sites in Duma. I went there just for Apo Island and enjoyed it. Plus the chicken inasal is soooo delicious...mmmmm....

In the video that was posted by Mozart, the dive brief is showing a depth of 18 meters... is that correct? If so then they're leaving 15 meters of the piling untouched... (do I understand this correctly?)

I can confirm that the max depth at the bottom of the small pier is 18m - it does go deeper but there is nothing worth looking at. The larger pier is slightly shallower but only by a couple of metres.

The pier is not the end all be all of dive sites in Duma. I went there just for Apo Island and enjoyed it. Plus the chicken inasal is soooo delicious...mmmmm....

I would agree with you - Apo Island is also very good - saw turtles on 2 out of the 3 dives. However, I think what makes The Pier so special is that there is so much diversity of life in a really small area - you don't need to swim great distances to get to different species.

Sorry - can't comment on the chicken inasal!

yep, I just wouldn't hold back a trip to Duma due to the construction happening. Plenty of other things to see.

I can confirm that the max depth at the bottom of the small pier is 18m - it does go deeper but there is nothing worth looking at. The larger pier is slightly shallower but only by a couple of metres.

Well then, it sound like even though it's bad, it could be a lot worse and that they're doing the best they can to preserve as much as possible.

anybody got new pics of the pier? am curious what it looks like now. have the work on the posts been completed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom