Help End Cruel Shark Tournaments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly what I was going to say....I posted right off the bat on the last bogus thread like this but bunny lovin tree huggers will jump on any band wagon that comes along as long as they hear what they want to and not real facts!
Now for a real problem, lest put an end to womens sufferage! They have suffered long enough....

Wildcard:
Exactly what I was going to say....I posted right off the bat on the last bogus thread like this but bunny lovin tree huggers will jump on any band wagon that comes along as long as they hear what they want to and not real facts!

Yeppers. Let's not let the truth get in the way of protecting Bambi. Or in this case, Bruce...

Wildcard:
Now for a real problem, lest put an end to womens sufferage! They have suffered long enough....

:rofl:
http://www.petitiononline.com/ews2638/petition.html

As has been pointed out, the OP has not made another appearance... Good job jumping in with facts instead of fallacy gangrel.

Thank you Dennis. I love the sharks as much as anyone, but that love has to be tempered with a level head, or more damage than good will ensue. :wink:

It is my understanding that National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) does not support shark fishing per se. As the result of a lawsuit by offshore fisheries (and other such plaintiffs) the shark limits set by the NMFS were invalidated pending court-mandated scientifically valid re-evaluations of shark populations. Shark tournaments must register with the NMFS as part of this shark population evaluation, I believe.

So it doesn't appear, as some would suggest, that the NMFS supports shark tournaments because the tournaments are intrinsically "good." It is driven by lawsuits from large-scale offshore fisheries like SOFA.

That's my understanding, at least. Can someone offer some better info (other than "opinion")? It's a complex issue and I'm not a professional reviewer of government activity.

Small Business Administration Lawsuit

Doc Harry:
It is my understanding that National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) does not support shark fishing per se. As the result of a lawsuit by offshore fisheries (and other such plaintiffs) the shark limits set by the NMFS were invalidated pending court-mandated scientifically valid re-evaluations of shark populations. Shark tournaments must register with the NMFS as part of this shark population evaluation, I believe.

So it doesn't appear, as some would suggest, that the NMFS supports shark tournaments because the tournaments are intrinsically "good." It is driven by lawsuits from large-scale offshore fisheries like SOFA.

That's my understanding, at least. Can someone offer some better info (other than "opinion")? It's a complex issue and I'm not a professional reviewer of government activity.

Small Business Administration Lawsuit

OMG! He actually IS saying he thinks the foremost shark expert from Woods Hole has something other than the sharks' best interest in mind! Ok, I am done arguing this topic. Have fun chasing the windmills, Mr. Quixote. :shakehead

Wildcard:

I live in Woods Hole and consider it one of the "bunny lovin tree hugger" capitols of the world. Fortunately it is also one the formost scientific communities, so the people around here believe the scientsts and not an organization devotated mainly to crippeling the meat and dairy industries.

If it was PETA and not HSUS how many people would be listining to them? They are basically the same organization under a different name. (not the same organization, but same goals and methods)

i support catch and release. catch, clean, batter then release into my fry daddy...

actually i prefer shark on the grill with lemon pepper and olive oil.

wow

viajerochevere:
i support catch and release. catch, clean, batter then release into my fry daddy...

actually i prefer shark on the grill with lemon pepper and olive oil.

troll

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom