Help...Guanaja Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agwatts

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
anyone here been to Guanaja Island? If so, do you have any contact information. Or travel info, such as: flights, travel agencies, dive shops...etc.

Greg

http://www.bosislandhouse.com/resort.html

Tell me a little more about why you want to dive Guanaja. If you are looking for anything like Utila and Roatan, you won't find it there. That said, with well over 100 dives off those two, I still want to dive Guanaja someday...Cayos Cochino, too. But I know what to expect...rustic and quiet.

We almost stayed here last May. VILLA at DUNBAR ROCK: Guanaja, Bay Islands, Honduras.
Went to Roatan instead.

Guanaja, End of the World Resort, Guanaja, Island of Guanaja: A Caribbean Diving, Kayaking, and Water Sports Paradise for Scuba Diving - Even though this is a resort site, their travel section pretty much spells out your options for getting there. I've also seen reference to a ferry - I believe it's from the mainland.

Another option:
Guanaja Adventures - West Peak Inn

Just google Guanaja...

The purpose of the inquiry is a buddy and I are looking to open a dive shop and Ops on the island. It seems to me that Guanaja could be the next hot spot on the Bay Islands.

Greg

Well, as someone mentioned, one of the existing places is up for sale. There has been a lot of turnover of the dive businesses on the island, except for Bo's. Several have tried and several have failed. If you like, you can send me a private message with your personal email and maybe your ideas and I will forward it to a couple of expat friends of mine who live on the island full time and have for some years. They would be "in the know" if you will, about all things diving or anything else about Guanaja. But it would be up to them and you to develop any kind of communication between you. I'd just be happy to make the introductions.

Hi...Guanaja has GREAT diving....check-out www.coralbay.ca...or write info@coralbay.ca for more info and booking....

Best routing if flying from USA or Canada is with Continental, Thursdays, Saturdays or Sunday....a short 1.5 hour boat trip from Oak Ridge to Guanaja...

My husband and I just returned from a trip that included 10 days on Guanaja split between Bo Bush's Island House and Graham's Place - both wonderful. The diving on the north side with Bo was phenomenal and such a pleasure - the guy practically has gills after so many dives (6 or 7000+?). Graham can arrange diving but doesn't offer it there, though my husband was in bonefish heaven (the point). Infrastructure and transportation are major issues that aren't likely to away anytime soon but please keep us posted.

Hey Sololady,

We are looking at buying land on Guanaja. We've found the parcels we're interested in but would like to speak with some or all of the expats you mention in your post. Please contact me or have any of them contact me at lagonia@aol.com

I'd like to get in touch with the current owners or the bank that took it back. Does anybody have any contact information?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom