Help identifying coltri compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An old one designed for filling 2400 psi tanks.... It may not, by design, be capable of sustaining higher pressures....

It probably has safety valves not allowing it to attain higher pressures...

I will email them. The filter cartridge installed is all black and I cannot see into it. If I replace it with a new cartridge meant for breathing air I would imagine that is all I would have to do?
I use:

MCH6 - ICON 100 Filter Cartridge With Molecular Sieve & Active Carbon C-SC000340/ABS

It is a Coltri MCH6, no doubt. No clone.

I have never ever seen a MCH6 which can not compress up to 330 bar/4'800 psi. I guess it's just a question of overpressure valve. I GUESS which means I do not know. Yes try to ask Coltri. Normaly they do not answer any emails at all. At least my last 10 emails got no answer. Then I wrote a letter (paper, postal service, very old school) and got an answer after a few weeks (not days).

You have the Marseille sticker on it, perhaps it's easier to ask there.

Coltri MCH6 are the lousiest dive compressors on this planet.

Your MCH6 has no pressure retaining valve which is very, very bad.

As you got it for nearly nothing it might be worth doing the following:
- New filter
- New oil
- Test run
- Screw the overpressure valve up to 220 bar or what ever. Ask Coltri or Marseille befor.
- Clean and paint the unit
- And then: sell it as it is. You will find a stupid man paying much more than $250

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-05-03 045928.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-05-03 045928.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 11
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom