Help keep a newbie from getting reamed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishOutUvH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm new to diving and this board, but so far I've learned that there are a couple of topics that people are, to put it mildly, extremely passionate about.

For example:

1. "Octo vs. integrated octo/inflator, which is better?"
2. Brand loyalty, i.e. Saying "My Atomic is better than your Scubapro, is better than Poseidon, is better than Atmos. . . etc.

What are some other topics I should be aware of so I don't end-up blindly walking into the middle of a crap storm?

[-]
P.S. sorry about the "from from" in the thread title, my finger has a stuttering problem.
[/-]

Last edited by a moderator:
bcd v bpw

spilts v paddles

solo diving

and if you read the rules for basic scuba above, this forum is a "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times " so i hope we will see alot less misplaced passionate responses over such matters to those that are new to SB

cheers, welcome and enjoy

Also watch out for splits vs. paddles and Creation vs. Evolution (Unless of course you visit SB roughly 20 times a day to stay on top of the argument, which is perfectly healthy, right?) :14:

EDIT - Aw, beat me to the fins, Almitywife

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Add to that list (3) Certifying Agencies,which one and why? Other than that you already seem to know what type of answers you will get. I say listen to what everyone has to say, do your own research , try out different things and come to your own conclusion and have fun doing it ! Good luck!

Simple solution, ask your questions, block the flamers by adding them to your ignore list.

It has made my cyber life on SB a much happier place!

I would leave the 2 words 'Spare Air' out of any sentence on this site........

What about pony bottle vs spare air.

Back
Top Bottom