Help keep a newbie from getting reamed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eight pages and no one mentioned integrated weights vs weight belt discussion.:11:

Recently I stepped back in time to view posts from around 2000 - It was very interesting to see how far the technology has evolved and one of the great debates at the time was power inflator vs no power inflator. Plenty of power inflator flame wars!

thats becuase there is no arguement... weight belts suck :mooner:

:D

:blinking:What's a weight belt?????????????

:blinking:What's a weight belt?????????????

It's a device used to decorate coral reefs. Decoration of the reef is best done by deploying the weight belt during your safety stop but preferably as you are about to climb back onto the boat. Often the skipper will assist in the decoration by deploying the weight belt as you hand it to him but they are generally happy to give you the credit. The further it falls the better the enhancement of the coral reef.

..................Decoration of the reef is best done by deploying the weight belt during your safety stop but preferably as you are about to climb back onto the boat..................

I saw one of these almost decorate my the back of my head in one of our local quarries a couple of weeks ago. There was a class of 10 or 12 students above me and I was swimming along the bottom when about 2 feet in front of me this long yellow things shot past me to the bottom 2 feet below me :confused:. On looking at it, there was 16 pounds of lead that would have nicely dented my head :11:. The students were just floating there so no doubt one of them decided to adjust their belt thinking "No problem! I can do it." Whoops. :11doh:

Anyone mention the topic of eating a bananna on a boat? I didn't think that arguement was ever going to end.

The most effective communication does not involve flaming, respectful corrections are accepted and not normally taken as attacks. Respectfully disagreeing and politely expressing a difference of opinion with your reason for your position are more likely to get your point across. Others reading are also able to evaluate the positions stated and come to conclusions based on facts rather than raw emotions. Everyone wins in this situation. The shy or thin skinned then are comfortable to ask their questions, state opinions and once again everyone wins! This should be the prevailing attitude here. Glad to see some effort here. Glad enough to give SB one more chance
I agree - (my highlight)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom