Help me choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope H20ProtoPro will be able to answer from a more professional point-of-view.... but from a 'hobbyist' point of view - NO not really. i've used the Ikelite and the Gates. BOTH of them have served me well on my little jaunts U/W. they both keep your camera nice and dry. they're both mechanical in nature (some folks love LANC). I gotta admit, the GATES looks and feels better, but i never had a problem with the Ikelite. the reason i changed was a package deal came up with a better camera. (JVC DVM-90 vs Sony DCR-pc100)

I've had reason to chat with folks at both companies and they are both the most enjoyable and helpful group(s) of folks... totally passioniate about their product and for good reason.

i've been fortunate to NOT have to use the mirror gimik so i don't know how much of a pain in the tuckus that is, it IS nice being able to see the whole screen.

I would say the Gates are at least 3 times better! I shoot with many products but none of them are as trusty as my Gates. The PC1000 housing is phenomenal. Nice LCD window, controls are fantastic, smooth and comfortable in the water, and plenty of choices for optics...from basic up to the Fathom Imaging port.

We do ship to the UK for any of our items so just let us know if we can be of any help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom