Help needed servicing/selling DiveRite in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How conveniently located, you can just drop a reg off on your way to the Safety Stop. ("Should have it ready in oh, say 2 to 3 Bintangs at the most...")

What a great connection to make on your trip, even better that they got you back to diving with your own gear intact. // ww

What a great connection to make on your trip, even better that they got you back to diving with your own gear intact. // ww
Wish it were, now that my BCD is Ok, my housing leaked this morning and my 7D dSLR seems completley fried... I am telling you this trip is cursed!

Wish it were, now that my BCD is Ok, my housing leaked this morning and my 7D dSLR seems completley fried... I am telling you this trip is cursed!
I don't agree!
Sticky power inflator is a common problem if you do not look afte it properly. The problem does not occur overnight. You should count yourself lucky that the problem does not occur at the same time while you are preoccupied with something else.
Look at the bright side, a new camera/housing is awaiting in a not too distant horizon!!! BTW, you should also consider a new power inflator as well. Knowing how to service the power inflator is also very useful. Tool and O-rings are readily available eg. divegearexpress.

Look at the bright side, a new camera/housing is awaiting in a not too distant horizon!!!
Not sure about the housing I'll still have it for some time, it's not because it leaked once that it is completely screwed, just a matter of a bad hair day for the Oring... that said my daughter has a 7D body home in France and I'm thinking to have it sent in Bali before going to Alor.
The thing is that I'm wondering whether I will be paying duties and VAT on the import and if I might not be better off buying a spare camera body in Bali.

Hi Luko,
For the power inflator, I've got spares in Padangbai.
For the 7d, I would just get a spare body at Sinar's shop in Denpasar. There is another Sinar shop in the Carrefour mall.
Getting a camera body sent from Europe sounds like too much trouble. Taxes are to be paid for anything above 50$ and it's hard to under declare on a body.
On top of taxes, one problem is that parcel spend more time to get here from Jakarta than to travel half the world.
Dhl delivers anywhere in Bali. Ups did not use to. I had to go hand fetch my new strobe connectors in Nusa Dua à few months ago.
Then again this week in Padang Bai, a delivery man from ups came to my shop with a parcel addressed to a Gili Air dive op. You should have seen his face when I told him he still had to cross the Lombok Strait...

Hmmm, I recall flooding a housing in Tulamben due to a hair on the o-ring. I don't know if there is a curse but there certainly seems to be plenty of camera sacrifices offered up to the dive gods due to "bad hair days"! That is a crummy feeling though, having saltwater bubbling into your housing.

Unless someone was carrying a 7D over for you it does seem like shipping one would pile up the taxes and custom duties, not to mention potential loss or delay. (If you are there until November I'd be happy to haul one over!) On the bright side you are diving on Bali, so here's hoping the bad luck gets lost! // ww

I called SInar yesterday as well as a camera shop at Bali Galeria, they told me they don't carry the 7D anymore, only the most recent cameras. Bali is not forgiving for the elders, me included.
... but this is peak season for european holidays, fortunately enough my daughter identified in her Watsapp network some of her friend who was packing for a stay in Bali, hence at the time of writing a backup camera of mine is flying high above Ukraine, Syria, Irak or Afghanistan or whatsoever dream country skies.

Ced, you can still have those rhinopias made up for me. No lipstick please. :wink:

btw, it's incredible how the networks changed our lives in the easier way, 15 years ago I would have just sat there weeping on my flooded nikV, yesterday I had Jeff Mullins on the phone, Wisnu by email, scubaboard members on the board, people in Paris all trying to help me out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom