Help on a research project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakz2fun

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I have a college class that requires me to do a research project and the subject I have chosen is to compare 2 or 3 scuba cameras to determine which would best suit my needs. I have decided that one of the cameras will be a Sea & Sea DX-1200HD. However, I do not know which other cameras I could compare that one against.

I am a casual dive photo taker, I go on about 1 dive trip a year. I would like to have a camera that would enable me to take macro photos as well as others. I would prefer a camera that is not too complicated but one that I could add strobes or maybe additional lenses that would enable me to take additional types of photos.

If you are willing to help me out and suggest a camera system to research I would appreciate it. Would you please send me a private message so we can communicate without involving the board?

Thank-you for your help, I really appreciate it. JoAnn

I would like to specify that I would like to compare different Point & shoot cameras, not DSLR.

Thank-you, JoAnn

My recommendation would be to pick the Canon G11 and the Canon housing. That seems to be near the top end of the P&S Universe right now.
Bill

Ditto Bill's advice. And for the 3rd camera maybe one of the Oly Tough brand?

Bill and Andy, thank-you for these suggestions. I will look into them. I may be coming back later with more questions. This will get me started though.

JoAnn

No problem with helping, I am off to the Philippines on Fri for a month so if I don't reply you know why ...... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom