Help Please! Planning 1st Dive Trip to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for all the great info. I think we'll try for Turneffe Island Resort first and go from there. If we get this vacation in, I'll be sure to do a trip report!

I see that lots of ppl say that Belize is best dived by liveaboard. Is that because the sites are too far from the hotels for comfort or because the lodgings aren't very good? Is Aggressor the best LOB for Belize? Any other favourites?
There's only two, Aggressor or Sun Dancer II. Both are owned by the same parent company - notice the similar design of the websites. Sun Dancer II is 28' longer - both take the same 18 pax. SD II also has no upper 3rd bunks and every cabin is about a foot bigger in both directions. Unless there's 3 of you sharing - I know which one I'd choose.

Read the itineraries, they do the same dives - in fact one looks like it was copied from the other. Dancer's also $300 cheaper for either cabin level.

Aggressor Fleet-The Ultimate in LiveAboards Since 1984
Sun Dancer welcomes you to Belize

BaileyM,

I have just booked two couples from Canada at Blackbird Caye Resort and we got them a great package. There is a special book and pay for 4 nights, get 3 FREE nights, so basically you get the 7 night package for the price of 4 nights. Plus I gave my clients a bit of an agent's discount so they are looking forward to March.

We booked Turneffe Island Resort for Feb 16, 2013. Very excited.

Say hi to the dive gang for me: Brad, Marcel, John and Daniel.

If you get John and Daniel's boat, don't be intimidated by John. He's very large and very quiet. I think he's naturally shy, plus it doesn't help that his accent is really thick, making it hard to understand him sometimes, which in turn makes him even more reluctant to talk. He's really a big teddy bear. Get a couple of beers in him and he'll talk your ear off, half of which you won't understand as you nod politely.

You'll have a great trip. Be sure to write a trip report when you return.

Bryan, if you have the time to dig through the last few years, you can find quite a few TIR trip reports on this Forum.

On the high end you have Turneffe Island resort, great diving minutes away, and one Blue hole trip included in price. The "Elbow" is a must dive.
Splash has some excellent options including their "Grand Slam" package wich covers Glovers, Turneffe and Lighthouse on nice Newton boats. They can also include jungle stuff and have a variety of options for accommodation to suite different budgets. If you want to add in a bit of Ambergis Cay they can arrange that too.
If you are traveling from Canada, we can take care of all your travel plans.
All destinations are going to involve a short puddle hop by local airline from Belize City.
Cheers
Bryan
SCUBA DESTINATION DEALS - HOME

Back
Top Bottom